Position Title: Branch Manager
- Position Reports To: AVP Branch Operations
Direct, promote and coordinate operations in a manner that will optimize the Credit Union’s market share, improve efficiency, profitability, support our core values, help achieve the credit union’s sales goals, and result in outstanding member service. Responsible for overall operation of the Branch and satisfying members’ financial needs while meeting individual, department, organization sales and operational goals in the following areas:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals, branches goals, and member service standards
- Coach staff to ensure branch goals are reached by maximizing production with sales opportunities, coaching, profiling, referrals, driving sales, and marketing branch
- Build strong internal/external relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through
- Commit to add growth to the Credit Union by coaching of staff to cross sell products and services
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support valuable member retention • Process and complete all account closings after exercising Retention Plan
- Prospects for and acquires new members via Business Development strategies to achieve monthly goals • Actively drive Business Development efforts through active participation in community functions, credit union events, and makes monthly business calls
- Act as a Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor by reviewing credit reports, budgeting plans, and workout loans with members to identify areas of improvement as well as identifying products and services that may benefit the member. Coach staff to be able to help members in the same manner
- Serve as, and fulfill the responsibilities of BSA and Compliance Officer
- Identify and evaluate needs of potential members and refer members to partner departments as necessary to fulfill product and service needs includes, but not limited to mortgage, insurance, investments, and existing business services
- Oversee the control and mitigation of losses, including teller over/shorts, cash balancing, and teller check cashing fraud
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to Credit Union policies and procedures
- Develop and retain a high performing sales/service team through leadership and coaching in all aspects of sales and operations
- Effectively communicate expectations and goals with consistent follow up and feedback
- Observe and coach the entire branch team in a timely and effective manner
- Oversee completion of audits assisting as needed and audits vault monthly
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws as well as BHCSCU policies and procedures
- Oversee balance of general ledgers and completes monthly reports as needed
- Ensure branch employees are scheduled to meet member service needs
- Ensure the branch receives a satisfactory rating on operations and internal cash audits
- Manage and validate the opening, processing and documentation of member accounts of all types, certificates of deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards
- Work closely with AVP to uncover process improvements and inefficiencies
- Work closely with the CEO and AVP to coordinate the curriculum design of sales training for LO’s, Tellers and other employees in sales positions
- Provide input and recommendations in support of the employee performance management and counseling initiatives • Inventory control of supplies, forms and equipment as needed for the branch usage
- Monitor daily cash usage and ensure sufficient funds to effectively cash flow
- Ensure monthly reports are completed and turned in on time
- Act as liaison between outside personnel and the credit union concerning the Branch Office facilities
- Maintain SSA monthly shift schedules on a quarterly basis
- Supports all aspects of branch, including individual and team, performance
- Builds a high performing team through the attraction, on-boarding, coaching and development of branch team members.
- Actively promote and sell the Credit Union’s full line of financial services in person by asking appropriate questions, assessing member needs, and offering alternative solutions; through auto loans, signature loans, lines of credit, credit cards, secured loans
- Maintain proper security and exercise good judgment
- Perform loan interviews, processing, and disbursement activities, as assigned by Underwriters as well as process loan payments
- Promote and sell credit life, credit disability, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and all other ancillary loan products
- Complete and process member fraud request timely
- Assist in all areas of Teller operations including assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, and helping with complex transactions
- Fully embrace and embody BHCSCU Core Values as listed above
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years in branch operations, sales management, proven leadership, and supervisory experience
- Must be able to work in-person at assigned branch location
- Required to ensure the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that their work is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Effective leadership and analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Measurable ability to develop and manage results-oriented sales coaching
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills – including statistical reports
- Must be proficient in current Windows OS and MS Office software with advanced Excel skills (CRM experience preferred)
- Must have a working knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in Teller and Financial Services
- Must be capable of performing in a fast-paced office environment and be able to withstand the pressures associated with this position
- Self-motivated individual of whom initiative, honesty and conscientiousness is expected
- Confidentiality of information and security of money and checks are required
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to recognize and proactively seek sales opportunities to meet set goals
- Ability to self-motivate with strong organization skills and capacity for attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving, teamwork abilities and the ability to perform basic math calculations and analyze data
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain satisfactory performance and attendance
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work varying schedules, including evenings, holidays, and weekends, as needed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or finance field preferred
- Multilingual verbal and written skills preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE/REMOTE WORK
Hours: This is a full-time exempt position that is eligible for overtime pay after 40 hours in a work week. Office hours are 7:30am-4:30pm (Mon-Thurs), 7:30am-5:30pm (Fri), and the credit union is closed on weekends.
Remote Work: This position is not eligible for a remote work schedule.
Baylor Health Care System Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Title: Collections Coordinator
- Position Reports To: VP Accounting
- Positions Supervised: None
Responsible for resolving member delinquency regarding loan, share, and credit card accounts. Monitors collection policies and procedures, recommends improvements, and functions as a resource in all aspects of collections. Oversees repossessions, bankruptcy, disputes, and charge offs. Maintains accurate internal system records and documentation. Ensures member confidentiality and upholds the credit union’s reputation and service standards. Stays current and follows all regulations, policies, and procedures that are related to the collections position. Other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for resolving member loan, share, and credit card delinquency.
- Determine reasons for delinquencies and work towards permanent solutions and the best course of action.
- Member outreach through inbout/outbound calls, text, emails, or mail, to secure a satisfactory payment resolution.
- Ensure follow-up calls are made at appropriate intervals throughout the collection process.
- Monitor accounts to ensure that all offset options have been utilized including joint accounts.
- Process payment reminders for accounts according to their delinquent status.
- Monitor accounts to suspend lines of credit and credit card privileges as needed.
- Perform other collection tasks including repossession, skip tracing, impound notifications, and collecting on returned checks.
- Monitor the credit union’s negative share account and paid ahead loan reports and contacting members for resolution as needed.
2. Assumes responsibility for collection policies and procedures, recommends improvements, and functions as a resource in all aspects of collections.
- Continually evaluates established policies and procedures and provides updates or modification suggestions to management.
- Ensures policies are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Ensures the implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures to protect credit union assets.
- Assists management in developing short and long-term goals and objectives for the collections department.
3. Assumes responsibility for repossessions, bankruptcy, disputes, and charge offs.
- Work with repossession and remarketing vendors to secure credit union collateral and remarket assets in a manner that will capture the highest value/recovery for the credit union. Work with warranty, CL/CD, and GAP vendors to capture refunds on ancillary products.
- Collaborate with the credit union’s legal counsel to manage member bankruptcy; complete proof of claims for bankruptcy court proceedings; represent the credit union at bankruptcy creditor meetings as needed; secure judgements and liens for losses sustained by the credit union.
- In a timely and accurate manner, respond and resolve all loan disputes, including member and eOscar disputes.
- Report charge off recommendations to management according to policy requirements. Process charge offs after board approval and report charge offs to the credit bureau. Report charged off accounts to 3rd party debt collectors for further collection. Mail deficiency letters as necessary.
4. Maintain accurate internal system records and documentation.
- Ensure accurate and complete records of all collection and recovery activity is documented utilizing the credit union’s collection system, including but not limited to; inbound/outbound member correspondence, any member contact; workout plans; dispute correspondence; delinquent calls or notices; or any other member contact relating to collections.
- Provide status reports when requested for the following: negative share accounts, bankruptcies, work out plans, Trouble Debt Restructure’s, repossessions, and charge offs.
- Ensure that loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy for the purpose of collection workouts, extensions, collection agency forwarding, and charge offs/recoveries.
5. Ensures member confidentiality and upholds the credit union’s reputation and service standards.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills in all member interactions and ensure timely resolution of member delinquencies and inquiries.
- Utilize effective forms of persuasion to present a positive image in an already negative situation.
- Maintain the credit union’s professional reputation and member confidentiality throughout the collection process.
- Provide support and assistance to staff as needed.
- Keeps management informed of department activities and any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
6. Assumes responsibility for remaining current and following all regulations, policies, and procedures related to the collections position.
- Maintain knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other applicable Federal and State regulations. Perform all work in compliance with these regulations as well as credit union policies and procedures.
- Maintain current training on regulations, policies, and procedures for all areas of collections, repossessions, bankruptcy, and other collections related duties.
- Stay informed of collection policies, procedures, and related legal requirements.
7. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in the collection field.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
Education/Certification: An undergraduate degree in a business discipline with extensive experience in Collections is recommended. Demonstrated extensive experience in credit unions, particularly in the collections function, can be substituted for formal education.
Required Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of collections practices and procedures. Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements. Familiarity with related auditing and information services functions. Understanding of Credit Union operations and information needs.
Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years of credit union experience would be generally required, including time spent in preparatory positions. Collections experience preferred.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
WORK SCHEDULE/REMOTE WORK
Hours: This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours are 7:30am-4:30pm (Mon-Thurs), 7:30am-5:30pm (Fri), and the credit union is closed on weekends. Work hours for this position could occur before or after the stated office hours considering the effectiveness of collection calls and member contact. A work schedule will be set with the supervisor to formulate effective collection efforts.
Remote Work: Remote work is not allowed at this time. However, the collections supervisor could consider remote work once established in the collections position and based on workload and pressing job duties. There are some functions that can only be performed on site. Further consideration will be given to remote work after a reasonable time of training and performance abilities is proven.